I realized I haven’t done this in FOREVER….it has actually been so long that I can’t even locate my button in my recent image history….that means it has been months! Le Sigh. A buttonless TVT post. Such sadness. I’ll get my button going for next time, but right now trying to find it is taking away from the thought vomit and no one likes that. Need to save all the vomit for the post. And here we go:
- I am getting like ridiculously good at guessing the sex of my friend’s babies as of late. I think it is just a fluke though. I mean technically I have a 50% chance of being right. Therefore, please do not inundate me with messages asking me to tell you what your baby is…..it does kind of make me want to go pick some lotto numbers though.
- Fake it ’till you make it – that is my motto for the next couple of days. I can’t really disclose what is happening, let’s just say it doesn’t have to do with my family….that probably gave it away. Anyway, right now I am trying to just get through the next couple of days and see if maybe life has a little surprise in store for me. Let’s hope so. In the meantime, let’s try not to pee our pants.
- The Brave One – Something has seriously happened to me in the last couple of weeks. Ever since the most recent incident at work I have just felt stronger, more sure of myself. I am not sure exactly how to describe it all……let’s just say that I am liking myself and finding a new happiness and drive. From now on, I am going to be stronger. Meager, ready-to-please Natalie is taking a vacation.
- Date Night – Tomorrow is date night! Woot! Jack is doing an overnight with the grandparents. Andy and I were going to stay in a boutique hotel we had a gift card for, but whatd’yaknow they were all booked up. No worries, I am determined to transform our bedroom into a little boutique hotel……and if I actually had time to dedicate that would involve more than just making the bed and hiding the books in a drawer, but alas it is me we’re talking about. But dang it if that bed isn’t going to look awesome once it is made. We’re going to see one of our favorite comedians and then maybe go out for drinks. GASP! we might actually stay up until after 10pm!….technically I stay up past 10pm anyway (I’m addicted to reading), but we will be staying OUT until after 10pm. It is going to be CRAZYYYYY!!!!
- Budget budget budget – So I am usually super anal about our budget. WHaaaa? Me anal about a home organizational tool? nooooo. Okay obviously that is a no brainer for those who know me. But lately I have taken a vacation from monitoring our budget. Tisk tisk….Actually it has been a little nice to be completely honest. Out of sight, out of mind. But it is time to return from my vacation and get back to work. I was pleasantly surprised to realize we didn’t completely fuck ourselves while I was away. We got a little more free than normal….meaning I actually bought some clothes for once and Andy got a couple new things. So it was nice. But now it is time to get back to our debt-tackling-mayhem! For some reason that makes me imagine a wrestler……I can’t explain my brain either.
- 30-30-10…and 2? – So I started looking into our trip, (newbies: the trip to celebrate Andy and my 30th year of life and our 10th wedding anniversary, circa summer 2013) and I am pretty sure we are going to South Africa. Cape Town is a must-stop, but I find Johannesburg is cheaper to fly into. So then I wonder – road trip from J-burg to Cape Town? or hop a quick flight? It is just so fucking exciting to even plan a trip such as this. But as I was looking into options and possible sites to add to our to do list I started thinking…..Jack. Okay here’s the thing. The original idea of the trip was to celebrate Andy and me. The two of us hitting an age and marriage milestone, but Jack is sort of an integral part of our lives. Weird how that happens. He is sort of our favorite thing right now. He makes us more in love and makes us better people and I just couldn’t imagine not having him with us on our adventure. Now I get that he will be 2 1/2, so he won’t remember it by the time he turns 16. But at the same time, I can’t imagine him missing out on it. I can’t imagine doing some of the things we’re thinking about doing and not looking over to see his little eyes register what they are seeing. So since planning is in the tentative stages anyway, I decided to add his plane ticket into our budget. Our 30-30-10 celebration might be a 30-30-10-2 celebration…..you know unless he is a real ass-hole at that point, then we will leave him with the grandparents. 😛